Individual Chocolate Cakes

Individual sized desserts are attractive, in my opinion. On the table or in a picture, they have an appeal that I find irresistible. They have their advantages too. You don’t have to share it with anyone and enjoy all by yourself. You can even go for a second helping saying that it was too small. At least that’s what I do.

There is a very good reason for this post today. An elation that is to be shared with something sweet. My entry was announced as one of the winners in this month’s DMBLGiT hosted by Zorra, for originality.

Egg In A Whisk IV

Of course, you all chose one of the photos in that series as a winner already. Many congratulations to all the other winners and many thanks to the judges.

Ingredients

Bittersweet chocolate – 4 oz (about ¾ cup)
Butter – 4 tbsp
Eggs – 4, separated
Sugar – 2/3 cup
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
All purpose flour – 1 tbsp
Salt – ¼ tsp

Method

Melt chocolate and butter together in microwave or in a double boiler. Whip eggs yolks, sugar, vanilla and salt vigorously together for about 2 minutes, until well combined. Combine melted chocolate with the egg mixture. Whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Sprinkle flour over the chocolate-egg mixture and add the egg whites. Gently fold everything together until well combined. Butter and flour four ramekins and spoon the mixture into the ramekins. Bake at 450F oven for about 8 minutes, until the top is set. Serve warm or at room temperature with berries and whipped cream. Serves 4.

Individual Chocolate Cake

Lolo at VeganYumYum has a mouth-watering array of small sized desserts. I am a big fan of her creations. This is my entry for JFI-Chocolate, hosted by Deepz of Letz Cook. JFI is Indira's brainchild.

36 comments:

amna said...

That looks yumm. with no frosting, thats the way I like it! what are those berries? Raspberries?

Raaga said...

congrats... and these look yummy!!

Latha Narasimhan said...

Hmm.. showing off your prizewinning pictures! :D More than the potato buns in the next recipe, I like your photogenic, artistic fingers! :)

EC said...

wow...yummy and tempting chocolate cake

Laavanya said...

Congratulations on yet another win for that great pic. suganya.
MMMmmm.. that cake looks so decadent.

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Congratulations for winning again. Your recipe is a winner too. Its chocolate, quick to do and looks tempting. One couldn't ask for more. Actually I could, I wish I could eat it too :D

Susan said...

Congrats are in order...again. : )
I like individual desserts, too. So very pretty, this one. There is a certain amount of mess that you have to tolerate when you cut a cake or a pie, especially that first piece!

Kribha said...

Is this the same as chocolate souffle? Hmm hmm hmm..I can indulge in them right away. Awesome picture. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.

lakshmi said...

yum yum yum - purrrrrrrfect

sunita said...

Yuuuuuummmmyyyy...where's the spoon? :-D...congrats on your win, that was a very original idea indeed.

TheCooker said...

Congrats!
That cake....if I wasn't at work right now, I'd be preheating the oven.

Vineela said...

Hi Suganya,
congrats.your photos and your work is so worthy.
thanks for the recipe.
vineela

Mansi said...

Absolutely yummy! I just made brownies this weekend and still trying to get over them but your pic is making it so difficult Suganya!

Congrats on the deserved win girl!

Shilpa said...

Congrats Suganya for yet another award.

The cake looks absolutely gorgeous...

Namratha said...

Congrats Suganya, I knew yours would be a winner! :) Cake looks moist and delicious.

Rina said...

Wow, Sugu, what yummmmm photo that is...

Lucy said...

It's a lovely image Suganya, well done.

This is perfect - just the smal chocolate cakes I've been looking for!

Sagari said...

cake lookss yummmmmmmmy and moistt nice recipe

remya said...

awesme cakes..simply perfect....love all ur pics....

bee said...

congrats. that looks like a souffle - a very decadent one.

Red Chillies said...

Congratulations! The picture is superb.

Tee said...

Congrats!
chocolate cake looks ultimate! :)

Unknown said...

Uncontrollably drooling here dear girl - want to make it NOW - and many congrats on yet another award- your photography skills surely deserve many more!

Nic said...

Congratulations.... again!!
Your photos just keep getting better and better!

Linda said...

Congratulations, Suganya! That choco. cake looks sublime -- my daughter would love to make these.

KonkaniBlogger said...

Congrats Suganya, and that looks real yummmmm....

Anonymous said...

Congrats Suganya. This pic was worth it. I love that individual chocolate cake

-- sandeepa of Bong Mom's Cookbook

Priyanka said...

The chocolate cake looks really yumm... and vegan has an added advantage. Am bookmarking this recipe

Shella said...

Have you kept aside my share of this individual cake?? I hope so, they look so yummy.

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

Congratulations, Suganya!! I've always loved your pictures :)
And your cake looks gr8 too!!

Cynthia said...

Congratulations again hon and you and G do take really great pics.

I'm with you on the individual dessert.

Bharathy said...

Thats why the 3rd clumn is for...
Congrats :D

Bharathy said...

This chockie delight should go to JFI, Sugi(I came to know that it's chocolate only a few hours back!

Raaga said...

I also bought ramekin cups... will inaugurate them. Thanks Suganya

Pelicano said...

Absolutely, astoundingly beautiful! I'd like to keep all four for myself and hand out M&M's to the unfortunate. :-)

Kalai said...

This looks ridiculously yummy! I can't wait to make it soon...!

Post a Comment