Orange Butter

Flavouring butter is a fun thing to do, if you haven’t tried yet. Depending upon my mood, I sometimes flavour them savoury by mincing together a green chilli, mint and coriander and mixing it with salted butter or butter spread. However its the sweet variety that I have a lot of fun with. Any fruit preserve + unsalted butter = fruit flavoured butter.

My favourite flavour is orange and mango comes to a close second. Using marmalade instead of fruit jelly/jam gives an interesting dimension, every time you bite into the fruit bits. Also, the orange marmalade I use, which I buy from Trader Joe’s, is slightly bitter, cutting into the richness of the butter.

Ingredients

Orange marmalade – 2 tbsp
Unsalted butter – 4 tbsp

Method

Allow the butter to come to room temperature. Take them both in a medium sized bowl and beat with an electric beater for 2 minutes, until they are well combined and fluffy. Transfer to a small airtight container and enjoy with your favourite bread.

Orange Butter

I enjoyed mine with Cranberry-Blueberry bread, which was the bread of the month, from a nearby bakery. A daring baker like Meeta, may be smart enough to cajole the baker to give away the recipe and try at home. But, me, I am just a happy customer who bought this bread thrice last month :).

On a separate note, its recognition time. First it was Manisha, now it is Bharathy, Prema, Srivalli and Viji. Thanks to these bloggers, I was honoured with these awards.

Thoughtful Blogger Award

Rockin Girl Blogger

Schmooze Award

In addition to recognizing fellow bloggers work, these awards also shows we care. Thanking these bloggers for honouring me, I am passing them to others. I know most of you have been recognized, so here are a few that I am passing on to. If you have already received this award, then you deserve it more than once.

Thoughtful blogger – Indira, Arundati, Susan, Menu Today, Nupur, Nandita, Trupti.

Power of Schmooze – Priya, Sandeepa, Shyamala.

Rockin’ Girl Blogger – ISG, Shn, Smita.

Rockin Guy Blogger

Since Bee has rightfully modified the Rockin’ Girl Blogger to suit guys too, the Rockin' Guy Blogger award goes to Jai and Anthony.

40 comments:

Srivalli said...

wow...that looks yummy..suganya..

Srivalli
www.cooking4allseasons.blogspot.com

Raaga said...

Looks yummy... and the awards never stop for you :-) Congrats girl and hugs :-)

indosungod said...

Sugnaya, that is a fantastic side to any bread. I can say my kids will love it well me too :)

Congrats on those awards you richly deserve them and thanks for bestowing one on me, appreciate it friend.

Nupur said...

The flavored butter sounds like such a decadent treat! Perfect for a special occasion.
Thank you for the award, Suganya. It is very nice of you to think of me.

Mishmash ! said...

You should think of cajoling the baker too :) hmm..downpouring of awards...congrats and thanks :)

Bharathy said...

Congrats!!On your awards!!:)..nice of you to pass to the guys as well!!..I learned abt Orange cream today!!Thanks!!:)

Richa said...

ooh! love that orange butter :) hv u tried with peach, it's awesome :)

sra said...

The photo's such a beauty. Treated myself to white bread, marmalade and butter yesterday - bliss when you're eating it, less bliss when it sits like a rock in your stomach for the rest of the day!

Rajitha said...

yum! the butter looks awesome. I love orange.... i usually do mine with cilantro.

Coffee said...

The pic says it all Suganya!!

Laavanya said...

Orange Butter looks delicious (and cute too in the picture). Love the bread - reminds me of this moist raisin bread that I used to have in Singapore.

Laavanya said...

Oops.. forgot to mention.. Congrats on the awards! :)

Cynthia said...

I do like flavoured butters. The sweet ones go well with scones, I find.

Namratha said...

Orange flavoured butter..sounds interesting! I like Marmalade never thought of mixing it with butter though..:)

Viji said...

You deserve them more than once.Your blog rocks :-)

FH said...

I love flavored butter!! Orange marmalade is a great addition!
Enjoy the awards! You need to get multiple awards just for your photos!:)

Priya said...

Hey, Thank you so much for the award :) Love it :) And the butter looks soo good. I need to find a local baker near my place !!

Latha said...

The butter looks yum and the bread looks yummier!
Congrats on the awards!

marriedtoadesi.com said...

Orange Butter, especially with that combination of bread sounds delicious. Yum!

Kanchana

Tee said...

Flavored butter, that too with a fruity flavor sounds good. I have only tried savory flavors till date, must try this some time. great picture !:)

Manasi said...

Awesome !! Orange butter looks so tasty! love the pix (nothing new there, I am a huge fan of ur pix!!)
Congrats on the awards!! u rock!!

Padma said...

Thats looks awesome...and congratulations on those awards, you truly deserve them...

Finla said...

the orange butter looks good, i could imagine myself spreading the bread with raisins with the butter.
I usuall do mine with garlic and parsley and stuff it in the musgroom and grill

Jyothi said...

Orange butter looks amazing suganya! congrats for the awards. Keep it up....

Anonymous said...

hi Suganya,
Orange butter looks yummy..those breads looks delicious too...I wish I had a store like that near....

Neelam said...

Congratulations on your Awards! I have never tried flavouring butter...sounds yummy!

Dee said...

congrats suganya, yes its a wonderful bread to eat! cant get enough!

Swaruchy said...

Looking yumm Suganya......
Congrats on the awards dear :-)

Linda said...

Hi Suganya -- congratulations on all your awards -- surely well-deserved!! I would also send you the fab-photo award, were I to make one ;)

Orange butter (with marmalade, no less) is a great idea! My dad is huge marmalade fan -- just might whip him up a batch for the holidays :)

bee said...

thanks for sending this award this way - even though i am only part time !

great orange butter. great piping work and pics too. setting yourself up for cake decorating, rather nicely.

--jai

archana said...

Congrats :) Picture looks perfect and orange butter is looking very pretty :)

Latha Narasimhan said...

Hi suganya,
Yes you can make the appams in your kuzhi kadai also.
Your orange butter is nice!
Congrats for those awards!!

Susan said...

I'll bet that butter would be great on French toast or pancakes, too. Bravo on your awards, Suganya; they are well deserved. And THANKS for honoring me with one. : )

Tee said...

More awards for you...check out my blog :)

musical said...

Thats a good one Suganya. I often flavor butter with cilantro and green chillies ;). Orange sounds really yummy, so will try this for sure.

and congrats on your awards :).

WokandSpoon said...

Congratulations! You definitely deserve it!

Viji said...

congrats on the awards Suganya. Viji

ServesYouRight said...

Ayyo!! Suganya - you are too kind!! Many many thanks!!!

Smita

Sharmi said...

that is a very nice idea. must be yum. congrats on the well deserved award.

Suganya said...

Thank you all of you for yr valuable comments :)

Post a Comment